DML Main Conference
Thursday, October 6 and Friday, October 7, 2016
For the two main conference days, we will be accepting proposals in the following formats: General Sessions; Individual Presentations; Structured Poster Sessions, and Ignite Talks. We invite proposals in a range of genres, including research papers, sharing of compelling models, and hands-on sessions.
General Session proposals are for full 90-minute sessions on a focused topic or perspective. Panel sessions typically include four participants on a panel presenting research papers or describing a related set of projects or programs. General session proposals can also be organized as hands-on and interactive workshops.
Individual Presentation proposals are for individual 10-minute presentations. These can be research papers or presentations of projects, designs or programs. The conference committee will select a limited number of individual presentations, which will be grouped into 90-minute sessions of four or five presentations, with time for discussion.
Thematic Poster Session proposals are for 90-minute sessions that include poster presentations on a shared theme. Proposals should include at least 5 poster presenters, and other presenters might be added by the conference organizers after acceptance of the session. Thematic Poster Sessions start with rapid-fire presentations for the audience to hear from all presenters, followed by time to circulate among the posters for in-depth discussion and conversations. Sessions conclude by convening the entire group, and organizers can designate a discussant to wrap-up.
Submitting your Proposal
* Complete the form below to apply.
* General Session proposal abstracts: please describe your presentation in 500 words or less.
* Group Structured Poster abstracts: describe your talk in 500 words or less.
* Individual Presentation and Individual Structured Poster abstracts: describe your talk in 250 words or less.
* Pick a format category: Research, Project Presentation, or Hands-On/Interactive.
* List of participants, affiliations, emails, and titles of talks/presentations (if applicable) should also be included.
* All conference rooms will be equipped with standard Wi-Fi broadband service, AV projection, and sound. You will need to provide your own laptop and VGA adapters. We will not be providing additional bandwidth capacity or special arrangements.
* Each applicant will be limited to participation on no more than two panels at the general session.
* Accepted participants will be expected to pay for conference registration, and to fund their own travel and accommodation.